About Faroes is an introductory civic orientation course for newcomers who have moved to the Faroe Islands. The goal is to make your settlement process easier by teaching you about the Faroe Islands and how the Faroese society works.
The course is comprised of four themes: Living, Working, Studying, and Growing up in the Faroe Islands. In addition, there is an informational lesson on gender equality, Women's Shelter, and what to do if a relationship is not working out.
The course is designed to be interactive for participants to talk with the lecturer as well as with each other. A workbook will be provided to participants to be able to write down notes and answer questions asked in the course.
1. Living in the Faroe Islands
- Getting around the Faroes and what to do
- Settling in your new home
- Faroese Culture
- Language learning
2. Working in the Faroe Islands
- Finding and applying for a job
- Workplace Culture
- Changing jobs
- Being dismissed from your work/ unemployed
3. Studying in the Faroe Islands
- Primary school and 10th grade
- Preparing for university
- Folk high school
4. Growing up in the Faroe Islands
- Starting a family
- Children and custody
5. Informational section
- Gender Equality
- Women's Shelter
- If a relationship is not working out
When: Saturday, May 27th, 2023
Time: 9:00 - 15:00
Location: Tinghúsvegur 14, Tórshavn (ALS)
Cost: FREE (Limited Space)
You will be provided with lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
If you would like to participate, please register in the form below.